[Yesterday was not Friday as my post indicated. So here’s Thursday’s post]
Reference question of the week: How do I put together a resume? This was asked on behalf of a recent graduate. So what resources on resume crafting are available to the musician?
- CIM Library’s Career Resource Guide (lists resources in the CIM library…but you could easily search for them in your local public or academic library)
- Bridge: Worldwide Music Connection (New England Conservatory of Music) : NEC’s Career Center provides excellent career guidance besides an extensive list of current job opportunities for musicians. Subscription to this service is highly recommend for the performing musician on the job market. The CIM Library provides access to Bridge to all currently enrolled CIM students.
- Berkleemusic.com provides a good resume tutorial with examples for different resume styles.
- The Resume Guide for Musicians provides simple directions with an example (complimentary of the Carnegie Mellon Career Center).
- For a more general guide, see the Riley Guide, authored by a professional librarian and musician.
All these resources are tagged on our del.icio.us list