March 9-11th is Guitar Weekend at the Cleveland Institute of Music. Artists such Paul O’Dette, Duo Melis, Xuefei Yang, and Jason Vieaux will perform during this festival sponsored by Guitar International.
Want to hear more from these artists? The CIM Library has the following recordings.
Paul O’Dette, baroque guitar & lute
- CDc 7129. Jácaras! 18th century Spanish baroque guitar music of Santiago de Murcia. Paul O’Dette with Andrew Lawrence-King, harp and psaltery; Pedro Estevan, percussion; Pat O’Brien, Steve Player, baroque guitars.
- CDc 4484. Alessandro Stradella Cantatas. Christine Brandes, soprano; Paul O’Dette, archlute, baroque guitar; Mary Springfels, viola da gamba; Ingrid Matthews, violin; Barbara Weiss, harpsichord, organ.
- CDc 1462. George Frederick Handel. Clori, Tirsi e Fileno (secular cantata). Lorraine Hunt, Jill Feldman, sopranos; Drew Minter, countertenor; Paul O’Dette, archlute; Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra; Nicholas McGegan, conductor.
- CDc 1460. Sweeter than Roses: Songs by Henry Purcell. Drew Minter, countertenor; Paul O’Dette, archlute; Mitzi Meyerson, harpsichord and organ; Mary Springfels, viol.
Jason Vieaux, solo guitar
- CDc 8348 – Sevilla: the Music of Isaac Albéniz.
- CDc 7126 – Manuel Ponce The guitar sonatas.
- CDc 5393 – Fernando Sor Guitar Music