September was a busy month not only for the library staff but also for this blog’s author (who was off for two weeks…for a very good reason (wedding & travel). Please forgive the lacuna of posts.
An update on the library renovation (pictures to come later this week):
- All library furniture has been received (study tables, staff desks, computer tables).
- New Herman Miller Equa 2 chairs
- Current journal/magazine shelving is completed
- The front door and all interior windows installed
- Fine tuning to air handling
- Collection shifted (we had more space in which to distribute our collection)
- Work study employees trained and schedules finalized
Final touches. The interior stairway is still a work in progress. And we will need some additional data/electrical work to be completed before we can setup the remaining public computers.
We appreciate the patience of our student body and faculty members throughout this past month. We hope that our facility will be a place for the entire CIM community to explore and enjoy.