Two journals dedicated to piano pedagogy, Clavier and Keyboard Companion, have merged in 2009 to form Clavier Companion. Published by the Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy, Clavier Companion will be published bi-monthy. Please note that Piano Explorer, a supplement to what was former Clavier, is now available as a separate subscription through the Instrumentalist Company.
The current issue, January/February 2009, includes
- Interviews with pianists Leon Fleisher and Lang Lang
- Pedagogical articles on…
- Music Reading: How do you teach fluent reading on ledger lines between the staves? (Craig Sale, Amy Glennon et. al.)
- How do you teach polyrhythms? (Bruce Berr, Pete Jutras, Sonnet Johnson)
- Starting a Sutdio: What Where and How? (Rebecca Johnson, Monica Allen, Jessica Mellot)
- Reviews of new books, music & recordings
- Keyboard Kid’s Companion – learning activities for the student
- Question & Answers by Louise L. Goss
The January/February 2009 issue is available in the Robinson Music Library’s Reading Room.